Stars Of Life Nomination Form
The Stars of Life program, initiated in 1996 by the American Ambulance Association (AAA), was aimed at identifying and celebrating those EMS professionals who exhibited extraordinary qualities of service, commitment and dedication. The program eventually expanded to include American Medical Response (AMR) professionals in a separate but simultaneous internal nomination process, before being made open in 2020 to every emergency responder in the Global Medical Response (GMR) family of solutions.
Today, the Stars of Life program offers a unique opportunity for GMR to bring national recognition to our employees and our company. This year, part-time and full-time nurses, paramedics, EMTs, communication center employees and other frontline professionals, who meet the selection criteria (as described in the "Eligibility and Selection Criteria" section below), may be nominated for a Star. The qualities and achievements for which the Star is selected should be consistent with GMR's Mission Statement and Guiding Principles.
The GMR 2023 class of Stars will include 30 people selected to be honored at an in-person celebration in Washington, D.C. on November 6-8, 2023.
The AAA Stars of Life celebration is the nation’s most prestigious event to recognize and honor dedicated EMS professionals. The Stars themselves deliver important information on the value of quality ambulance services as an essential component of an effective and efficient healthcare system. By sponsoring our Stars, we gain a tremendous national platform to educate our community about our many entrepreneurial solutions to healthcare public policy challenges. Your participation also ensures wonderful memories for our employees and valuable local recognition. This exposure enhances the profile of National EMS Week across the United States.
Completion of all the fields below is required and should be done as accurately as possible. If you need assistance in obtaining the required information, please work with your Regional Director, General Manager or local HR representative. The following information is critical in establishing contact with the nominee if he/she is chosen as a Star of Life.
There is an option at the end of the form to upload supporting documentation, photos and letters.
To meet GMR and AAA selection criteria for Stars of Life:
- Nominees must be healthcare professionals (i.e. EMTs, EMDs, paramedics, nurses or communications center staff) with regular patient contact. Field personnel, dispatch center staff and field supervisors will also be considered.
- Individuals who were promoted to supervisor or manager positions may be nominated as long as the criteria for which they are nominated pertains to work done as an employee with regular patient contact.
- Supervisors with management-only responsibilities who do not meet these criteria are not eligible to be nominated, but divisions may choose to honor them as local Stars of Life.
- Previous Stars of Life (from any year or any predecessor company) may not be nominated, but previous nominees (who were not selected) can be nominated again.
- Employees must be employed either full-time or part-time. It is acceptable for a Star also to be employed by another organization such as a hospital or fire department.
- Employees must be fully vaccinated
Candidates may be selected because they received and/or were honored for:
- Employee of the year
- On-duty or off-duty service above and beyond the call of duty such as a special or unique rescue or setting of significant records
- Significant community contributions such as volunteer work
- Significant community distinction or honors related to ambulance, public safety, public health or healthcare services
- Consistent service record, which exemplifies the Global Medical Response Mission Statement and Guiding Principles
- Local leadership in developing community partnerships that enhance homeland security
Stars will be selected by the individual Brands. Scoring will be judged on several criteria. The following criteria will be considered:
- Demonstrated commitment to GMR's Mission and Guiding Principles
- Significant accomplishments in the previous year
- Ability to represent GMR in public venues such as congressional visits, local media opportunities and local and regional public speaking events
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
As part of the Global Medical Response family of solutions, we are committed to the mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice.
We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.